Bacon Dirty Rice
EASY and DELICIOUS Rice Dish!
That's right we're making dirty rice but its not your typical recipe. We’re making BACON dirty rice, where bacon is the star of this dish. Alongside the bold spices and veggies it's a well rounded dish packed with lots of flavor!
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
- 2 Cups of Uncooked Rice
- 2 ¼ cups of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 lb of Bacon, cubed
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 3 Tbsps of Paprika
- 2 Tsp of Mustard Powder
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Cook rice in chicken broth.
- Follow the manufacturer's directions of your instant pot for cooking rice.
- I cooked on high for 4 minutes and allowed to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff up rice. Set aside.
- Place cubed bacon on medium high heat.
- Cook bacon until the fat has rendered and bacon is crispy. Set bacon aside.
- Reserve two tablespoons of bacon grease in the pot. Add garlic, onions, and peppers.
- Saute until the onions and peppers have softened.
- Add paprika, mustard powder, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and cooked bacon.
- Cook for a few minutes until the spices, vegetables and bacon are thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the white rice until every grain is covered
Want to be comfortable while you make it? Pick up a pair of Grillslingers Flip Flops!
Leave a comment