How many different ways can you spell kebab?
.... kabab.... kebob.... kabob? All we know is that they're delicious and a great Father's Day grilling idea! We did some with steak and some with chicken and of course veggies. Then we made some potato wedges with it. We went a little fancy with the marinade but you can do that as simple as you want (I'd still say do it our way). Hope you enjoy!!!
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
Ingredients for Beef, Chicken, Veggie Kebabs
- 2lbs of filet mignon
- 2lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp of italian herbs
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 2 packed cups of parsley ( approx 3 bunches)
- 2 packed cups of cilantro (approx 3 bunches)
- ½ a cup of olive oil
- ½ a cup of water
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Generous pinch of red chile flakes
- 1 ½ - 2 cups of greek yogurt
- 3-4 Bell peppers of your preference (green, red, yellow)
- 16oz of baby bella mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of sherry vinegar (If sherry vinegar isn’t available, apple cider vinegar can be used as a substitute)
- 2 tbsp of shallots
- 1 tbsp of fresh tarragon or 1 tsp of dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp of homemade salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning or similar seasoning of your own.
- Trim and cut the filet mignon into equal 1.5in pieces. Place into a container or ziplock bag.
- Mix olive oil, minced garlic cloves, italian herbs, and kosher salt and pour over beef chunks.
- Refrigerate and allow beef to marinade for a minimum of 2 hours or as long as possible, overnight delivers maximum flavor.
- Trim and cut chicken thighs into equal 1.5in pieces. Place into a container or ziplock bag.
- In a food processor or blender, blend parsley, cilantro, olive oil, water, lemon juice and zest, garlic cloves, coriander, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, red chile flakes. Blend until parsley and cilantro are chopped into flakes.
- Coat chicken with greek yogurt and pour chermoula and ensure all pieces are covered.
- Refrigerate and allow chicken to marinade for a minimum of 2 hours or as long as possible, overnight delivers maximum flavor.
- Cut the top and bottom of bell peppers, cut one side from the top to bottom, remove seeds in the center and remove veins. Lay the bell pepper flat and cut into squares. Place peppers on your skewer.
- Cut the stems of the mushrooms and place on your skewer.
- Cut the both ends of the onion. Then cut in half horizontally and lay the onion ring flat and cut into quarters. Place onion on your skewer.
- When you place your proteins on your skewer allow for a small space between each piece . This allows for evening cooking.
- Set a two zone fire on your grill. Place your kebabs on the lowest heat side for five minutes and cover the grill. When the 5 minutes are up, flip and take temperature to see how far you are to reach temperature. Continue to cover the grill. Chicken should reach 165 f degrees, beef should reach 135 f degrees for medium rare, 145 f degrees, 150 f for medium to well done. Keep an eye on the grill for the last flip. When you are about 5 f degrees off you should switch to the hottest part of your grill to get some char on your kebabs.
- Take the final temperature on your proteins before removing kebabs off the grill.
- Add salt and pepper to taste on your protein kebabs.
- Drizzle leftover dressing on to the veggies right before serving.
- Marinade your proteins as long as possible, preferably overnight.
- Keep your thermometer handy to avoid undercooking or overcooking.
- Keep a small space between your proteins when placing on your skewer. This allows for even cooking and even char.
Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 3 to 4 Russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash potatoes off
- Cut potatoes into wedges
- Each potato should make 8 wedges
- Mix olive oil, seasoning, garlic and half of your parmesan cheese
- Coat the potatoes well on both sides with the mixture
- Lay them flat on a baking sheet and space them out so they cook evenly
- Bake at 375 for 12 mins and then flip them
- Once flipped, cook for another 12 mins
For that extra crispiness
- When done cooking, pop them into the broiler 2 or 3 mins (or desired crispiness)
- Sprinkle the last of the cheese
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Want to be comfortable while you make it? Pick up a pair Grillslingers Flip Flops!