BOMB Burnt Ends
This is a simple and easy way...
...to take the point of your brisket cook and turn it into one of our favorites... BURNT ENDS. We did this on the pellet grill but you can use any smoker. Once you have a cooked brisket point, this is very easy to do. Hope you like it as much as we do!
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
- 1 brisket point, cooked according to Brisket Sr Recipe
- Cali Gold Rub (or preferred beef rub)
- 1 bottle preferred bbq sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbps cayenne pepper or preferred chile powder
- Set smoker to 250 indirect heat
- Cut brisket point into 1.5in cubes, making sure each piece has at least one side of bark
- Place pieces into aluminum tray and place in smoker for about 15 minutes, just enough to warm up the pieces and get some more smoke into the meat.
- Remove from smoker, then add brown sugar, chile, and bbq sauce. Mix to ensure even coverage and then place back into smoker for 30min or until sauce glazes over.
- Remove from smoker and dust with rub.
- Wait to cool to a reasonable temperature then try to remember to chew, cause you’ll be inhaling these.
Want to look cool while you make it? Pick up a Grillslingers hat!
Leave a comment