Easy but Classy!
Confit potatoes and creamed spinach are two all time classics that can be done in a variety of ways, but here's our favorites.
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
Confit Potatoes Ingredients
- 2lbs fingerling potatoes (washed)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 springs rosemary
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 cups duck fat (or fat/oil of your choice
- Coarse Black Sea Salt
- Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- Maple Sugar Smoked
- Black Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees with rack in the center.
- Wash & scrub potatoes and place in disposable tray or deep baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk salt into 1 cup of duck fat, then add to tray/dish with remaining fat.
- Add crushed garlic & rosemary to tray.
- Place in oven uncovered for 90 minutes, checking every 30 minutes to rotate.
- After 90 minutes, set oven to 400 and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven (very carefully), and remove potatoes from tray and place in bowl.
- Add toppings/seasoning while hot, let cool for 5 minutes and serve
Creamed Spinach Ingredients
- 1lb frozen spinach, cooked to package directions and drained
- 4.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons course salt
- 1 cup Oaxaca cheese (mozzarella okay too)
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 3 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup AP flour
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, melt butter and lightly sauté garlic and onions (till translucent).
- Add coarse salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir for just a few seconds.
- Reduce heat to low and add flour, mix with non-metal utensil and cook for 3 minutes until raw flour smell is gone.
- Add milk, stirring occasionally until mixed and begins to bubble.
- Add Oaxaca cheese and cook for 7-9 minutes until thickened.
- Add cooked spinach and parmesan, stir to combine and remove from heat.
Want to be comfortable while you make it? Pick up a Grillslingers Hoodie!