This Jalapeno Slaw recipe is easy and will deliver on flavor!
Average coleslaw is boring. We get it, its almost always mushy and overly sweet. Forget that noise, we're gonna do it justice! And it makes a perfect compliment to a pulled pork sandwich!
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
- 1/2 head green Cabbage, rinsed and shredded
- 1 cup red Cabbage, rinsed and shredded
- ⅔ cup Pickled Red Onions w/ Jalapeno (directions below)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, combine vinegar, salt, sugar, oregano and jalapenos. Simmer at medium heat. Once mixture is dissolved, pour over onions. Let sit for 1hr, then drain through colander. Save onions/jalapenos for later.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage & carrots
- In a small bowl, combine slaw dressing components.
- Mix the slaw dressing into the cabbage and carrots, tossing to combine.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 30min for flavors to combine, best when left for an hour.
- When just about to serve, combine slaw mix with pickled onions/jalapenos. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side or on a sandwich or however you want because we don’t tell you how to live your life.
Want to be comfortable while you make it? Pick up a Grillslingers Tank!