Juicy and Tender Lamb T-Bone Steaks
The unsung hero of the grilling world!
We just took them to the next level by cold smoking them for flavor, using the sous vide to bring them to temp, and then searing them in cast iron. Give this one a try!
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
- 8 lamb T-Bones, trimmed
- 4 springs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- EVO to coat - SPG Rub (or steak rub)
- Set smoker to 150 or lowest setting
- Pat lamb T-Bones dry and lightly season with SPG rub.
- Place meat in coldest section of grill and smoke for only 30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 80 degrees.
- While meat is on smoker, prepare sous vide bath with circulator set to 125.
- Take meat off grill at 30 minutes (or 80 internal, whichever is first) and pat dry.
- Coat with olive oil, add more seasoning and place in bag with half a sprig of rosemary and half a clove of crushed garlic.
- Vacuum seal on moist/wet setting and place into bath for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, remove from sous vide bath and pat dry.
- Add additional rub to taste (it shouldn't need much more) and let rest for 5-10 minutes
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat and sear meat to finish. Recommend basting with butter and aromatics. Test for internal temp around 145-155 and let rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Want to be comfortable while you make it? Pick up a Grillslingers Hoodie!
Leave a comment