Bacon wrapped tenderloin with compound butter is a great way to infuse flavor into a lean cut!
Look, we'll be honest here. We're usually ribeye folks. But that doesn't mean we can't branch out a little bit here and there. Filet mignon is usually thought of as super tender but not a lot of flavor. Well, what better way to prove that wrong than on date night?
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
- Beef Tenderloins (Filet Mignon)
Ingredients for Compound Butter
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- The following, minced and added to taste
- Preheat smoker to 200 degrees
- With a toothpick, wrap bacon around steaks and pin to keep in place
- Season with salt & pepper (or steak rub of choice) and let rest for 30min
- Add steaks to smoker and remove once steaks internal temp hits 120 degrees
- Once removed, let sit while you prepare a cast iron skillet on high heat
- Place steaks on skillet for a hard sear and place a medallion of compound butter on top. After 1 minute, flip the steak to have the butter side down
- Baste constantly for 1 minute, then remove steak and let rest for a few minutes
Want to look cool while you make it? Pick up a Grillslingers T-Shirt!