The Almighty GCBS (Green Chorizo Breakfast Sandwich)
HOLD UP. CHORIZO ISNT GREEN
So let's back up a second. Chorizo is typically a red sausage that is either dried and sliced (see Spanish Chorizo) or crumbled and pan fried (see Mexican Chorizo), but green chorizo is actually a thing. In Toluca, Mexico, green chorizo is a specialty, getting its color from green peppers, tomatillos and fresh herbs. We omitted the tomatillos and went straight for the bright and spicy flavors that serrano, poblano, oregano and cilantro bring.
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
@grillslingers green chorizo made with pork. full recipe on grillslingers.com #chorizo #breakfastsandwich #greenchorizo #breakfasttiktok #foodtiktok #grilled ♬ Electric Man - Rival Sons
- 1 lb pork shoulder, sausage grind (or preground)
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 whole cloves
- 9 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 3 serrano chiles
- 2 poblano chiles
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar (white wine okay here too)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1.t tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- pinch of ground cumin
- Add dry spices to a pan and toast, or place on a foil sheet and place in grill to release oils. Place in food processor and pulse till powdered
- Add peppers and chiles to grill and char the skins, removing from grill and peeling off the skin when finished.
- Remove stems and seeds of peppers and chiles (or leave a few in if you're into some heat!) and add to food processor.
- Add to your food processor the garlic, chiles, vinegar, parlsey, salt and spices.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with the ground pork until uniform.
After that, feel free to use how you like!
Want to be comfortable while you make it? Pick up a Grillslingers T-Shirt!
Leave a comment