Tri Tip Corned Beef, Can It Be Done?
Well, we decided to go full send on a recipe we hadn't tried before. How could that go poorly? This one went PERFECT! Tri tip picks up a ton of flavor from the brine that we prepped up, so check this out!!!
Need a visual guide? Watch the video below!
- 3-5lb Tri Tip, trimmed
- Course Pepper
- 4 cups low sodium broth (your choice)
- Diced onions, carrots and celery (per brine recipe)
- Per the recipe link above, brine Tri Tip for 3-5 days, allowing 8hrs minimum to soak in water to remove excess brine
- Set smoker to 250 degrees
- Once tri tip is ready to cook, coat with coarse black pepper to taste. Do not add salt
- Place in smoker for 1 hr or at 120 degrees internal
- Remove tri tip from smoker and place into aluminum pan (or casserole pan), add broth and vegetables, cover with foil and return to smoker, checking for an internal temp of 165 (1-2hrs)
- Remove roast, slice thinly against the grain and serve
Leave a comment