This is our spin on a mule called The Cali Mule.
It's very refreshing with loads of citrus and just the right amount of ginger beer, perfect for summer. The Kentucky Mule is a classic cocktail that's been around since the 1940's. This is our West coast take on a mule that includes some citrus, like oranges, similar to margaritas that are very popular on the West coast. This is a great summer drink that goes well with any outdoor or backyard event and is great with BBQ!
For this recipe we used Blinking Owl bourbon to try and support a local distillery. Definitely check them out!
Want a visual guide? Watch the video!
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 1.5 oz of lemon simple syrup
- ½ oz Fresh Squeezed OJ
- 3 dashes of Orange Bitters
- 2 oz Ginger Beer
- Garnish: Orange Piece and Lemon Wheel
How to make
- Add ice to shaker
- Add 2 oz of Whiskey
- Add 1.5 oz of lemon simple syrup
- Add ½ oz fresh squeezed OJ
- Add 3 dashes of orange bitters
- Pour into glass
- Top with 2 oz of ginger beer
- Garnish with orange piece and lemon wheel
Non Alcoholic version
- 1.5 oz of Lemon Simple Syrup
- 0.5 oz of fresh Orange Juice
- 2 oz of Ginger Beer
- 2 oz of Club Soda
Lemon Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1/2 cup of Sugar * heat on stove top until sugar has dissolved then add *
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- Mix that all together and refrigerate
Want to be comfortable while you make it? Pick up a Grillslingers Tank!